Marketing 360® End User License Agreement
- Terms of Service
- Terms of Service Archive
- California Privacy Notice
- CCPA Contract Clauses
- Do Not Sell My Info
- Data Processing Agreement
- Opt Out
- Payment Terms
- Restricted Payment Businesses
- Processing Fees
- End User License Agreement
- Mobile App End User License Agreement
- LSA Terms
- LSA Requirements
- MADI Terms
- DMCA Copyright Policy
- AG EULA
This End User License Agreement (this “Agreement“), is a binding agreement between Madwire, LLC d/b/a Marketing 360® a Colorado limited liability company (“Licensor“) and the person or entity identified using the Software (“Licensee“).
LICENSOR PROVIDES THE SOFTWARE SOLELY ON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND ON THE CONDITION THAT LICENSEE ACCEPTS AND COMPLIES WITH THEM. BY CHECKING THE “ACCEPT” BOX ON THE SIGNUP FORM YOU (A) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT LICENSEE IS LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS; AND (B) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT: (I) YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER/OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND (II) IF LICENSEE IS A CORPORATION, GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION, OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, POWER, AND AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF LICENSEE AND BIND LICENSEE TO ITS TERMS. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, LICENSOR WILL NOT AND DOES NOT LICENSE THE SOFTWARE TO LICENSEE AND YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR OR LICENSEE’S ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, NO LICENSE IS GRANTED (WHETHER EXPRESSLY, BY IMPLICATION, OR OTHERWISE) UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY RIGHT, CONCERNING ANY SOFTWARE THAT LICENSEE DID NOT ACCESS OR USE LAWFULLY OR THAT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE, AUTHORIZED COPY OF LICENSOR’S SOFTWARE.
1. Definitions. For purposes of this Agreement, the following terms have the following meanings:
“Documentation” means user manuals, support materials, and any other materials provided by Licensor, in printed, electronic, or other form, that describe the operation and use of the Software.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all registered and unregistered rights granted, applied for, or otherwise now or hereafter in existence under or related to any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, database protection, or other intellectual property rights laws, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection, in any part of the world.
“Licensee” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
“License Fees” means the license fees, including all taxes thereon, paid, or required to be paid, by Licensee for the license granted under this Agreement.
“Licensor” has the meaning set forth in the preamble.
“Order Form” means the account sign up form filled out and submitted by or on behalf of Licensee, and accepted by Licensor, for Licensee’s purchase of the license for the Software granted under this Agreement.
“Person” means an individual, corporation, partnership, joint venture, limited liability company, governmental authority, unincorporated organization, trust, association, or other entity.
“Software” means the Marketing 360 software-as-a-service offering available at app.marketing360.com.
“Term” has the meaning set forth in Section 11.
“Third Party” means any Person other than Licensee or Licensor.
“Update” has the meaning set forth in Section 7(b).
2. License Grant and Scope. Subject to and conditioned upon Licensee’s payment of the License Fees and Licensee’s strict compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited license during the Term to access and use, solely by and through its Authorized Users using an internet web browser, the Software and Documentation, located at app.marketing360.com, solely as set forth in this Section 2 and subject to all conditions and limitations set forth in Section 3 or elsewhere in this Agreement.
3. Use Restrictions. Licensee shall not, and shall require its Authorized Users not to, directly or indirectly:
a. use (including make any copies of) the Software or Documentation beyond the scope of the license granted under Section 2;
b. provide any other Person, including any subcontractor, independent contractor, affiliate, or service provider of Licensee, with access to or use of the Software or Documentation;
c. modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software or Documentation or any part thereof;
d. combine the Software or any part thereof with, or incorporate the Software or any part thereof in, any other programs;
e. reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software or any part thereof;
f. remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices provided on or with the Software or Documentation, including any copy thereof;
g. copy the Software or Documentation, in whole or in part;
h. rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Software, or any features or functionality of the Software, to any Third Party for any reason, whether or not over a network or on a hosted basis, including in connection with the internet or any web hosting, wide area network (WAN), virtual private network (VPN), virtualization, time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud, or other technology or service;
i. use the Software or Documentation in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including:
power generation systems;
aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems, or any other transport management systems;
safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications, or any police, fire, or other safety response systems; and
military or aerospace applications, weapons systems, or environments;
- j. use the Software or Documentation in violation of any law, regulation, or rule; or
- k. use the Software or Documentation for purposes of competitive analysis of the Software, the development of a competing software product or service, or any other purpose that is to the Licensor’s commercial disadvantage.
- 4. Responsibility for Use of Software. Licensee is responsible and liable for all uses of the Software and Documentation through access thereto provided by Licensee, directly or indirectly. Specifically, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Licensee is responsible and liable for all actions and failures to take required actions with respect to the Software and Documentation by its Authorized Users or by any other Person to whom Licensee or an Authorized User may provide access to or use of the Software and/or Documentation, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of this Agreement.
- 5. Software Usage Limits. The Platform entitles Licensees to the following service limits each month. Usage above these limits will incur additional costs.
a. Email Marketing: Up to 2,500 email sends per month included. Additional emails will cost $0.004 or $10 for 2,500.
b. SMS/Text Message Marketing: Up to 250 text messages per month included. Additional text messages are $0.04 for each additional text.
c. Social Media Management: Up to 500 social media posts per month. Additional posts are $0.02 each.
d. Profile connections: Up to 10 social media profile connections included. Additional profiles are $1 per month.
e. Call Tracking Numbers: 10 call tracking numbers are included to be used for tracking 2 inbound phone lines across 5 sources. Additional call tracking numbers are $10 for an additional 5 number block.
f. Call Tracking Minutes: Up to 500 call tracking minutes included per month Additional minutes are $0.02 per additional minute.
g. File Storage: Up to 10 gigabyte file storage included. Additional storage is $1 per additional GB per month.
h. Directory Listing Accounts: 1 directory listing location is included, additional locations are $35 per additional listing location per month.
i. Website License: One Websites 360® website license is included. Additional website licenses are available for $25 per month for a standard website license and $49 per month for an eCommerce website license.
j. CRM Contacts: Up to 25,000 CRM contacts are included. Additional contacts require dedicated resources and a custom quote.
k. CRM Fields. Up to 30 CRM Fields are included, additional CRM fields are available for $10 for 10 additional fields per month.
6. Compliance Measures.
a. The Software may contain technological copy protection or other security features designed to prevent unauthorized use of the Software, including features to protect against any use of the Software that is prohibited under Section 3. Licensee shall not, and shall not attempt to, remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to, any such copy protection or security features.
b. Upon Licensor’s written request, Licensee shall conduct a review of its and its Authorized Users use the Software and certify to Licensor in a written instrument signed by an officer of Licensee that it is in full compliance with this Agreement or, if Licensee discovers any noncompliance:
Licensee shall immediately remedy such noncompliance and provide Licensor with written notice thereof. Licensee shall provide Licensor with all access and assistance as Licensor requests to further evaluate and remedy such noncompliance.
If Licensee’s use of the Software exceeds the number of copies or Authorized Users permitted under the license, Licensor shall have the remedies set forth below.
- c. During the Term, Licensor may, in Licensor’s sole discretion, audit Licensee’s use of the Software to ensure Licensee’s compliance with this Agreement. The Licensee shall cooperate with Licensor’s personnel conducting such audits.
- d. If any of the measures taken or implemented under this Section 6 determines that the Licensee’s use of the Software exceeds or exceeded the use permitted by this Agreement then Licensee shall, within 30 days following the date of such determination by Licensee, pay to Licensor the retroactive License Fees for such excess use and, unless Licensor terminates this Agreement pursuant to Section 6.1(d)(iii), obtain and pay for a valid license to bring Licensee’s use into compliance with this Agreement. In determining the Licensee Fee payable pursuant to the foregoing, (x) unless Licensee can demonstrate otherwise by documentary evidence, all excess use of the Software shall be deemed to have commenced on the commencement date of this Agreement or, if later, the completion date of any audit previously conducted by Licensor hereunder, and continued uninterrupted thereafter, and (y) the rates for such licenses shall be determined without regard to any discount to which Licensee may have been entitled had such use been properly licensed prior to its commencement (or deemed commencement).
Licensor’s remedies set forth in this Section 6(d) are cumulative and are in addition to, and not in lieu of, all other remedies the Licensor may have at law or in equity, whether under this Agreement or otherwise.
7. Maintenance and Support.
a. Subject to Section 7(c), the license granted hereunder entitles Licensee to the basic software maintenance (described in Section 7b below) and support services during regular business hours. You will need your support pin (available in platform) to receive software support.
b. Maintenance and support services will include provision of such updates, upgrades, bug fixes, patches, and other error corrections (collectively, “Updates“) as Licensor makes generally available free of charge to all licensees of the Software then entitled to maintenance and support services. Licensor may develop and provide Updates in its sole discretion, and Licensee agrees that Licensor has no obligation to develop any Updates at all or for particular issues. Licensee further agrees that all Updates will be deemed Software, and related documentation will be deemed Documentation, all subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement. Licensor has no obligation to provide Updates via any other media. Maintenance and support services do not include any new version or new release of the Software that Licensor may issue as a separate or new product, and Licensor may determine whether any issuance qualifies as a new version, new release, or Update in its sole discretion.
8. Collection and Use of Information.
b. Licensee acknowledges that Licensor may, directly or indirectly through the services of Third Parties, collect and store information regarding use of the Software and about equipment on which the Software is installed or through which it otherwise is accessed and used, through:
the provision of maintenance and support services; and
security measures included in the Software as described in Section 6.
c. Licensee agrees that the Licensor may use such information for any purpose related to any use of the Software by Licensee or on Licensee’s equipment, including, but not limited to:
improving the performance of the Software or developing Updates; and
verifying Licensee’s compliance with the terms of this Agreement and enforcing the Licensor’s rights, including all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Software.
9. Intellectual Property Rights. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Software and Documentation are provided under license, and not sold, to Licensee. Licensee does not acquire any ownership interest in the Software or Documentation under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto, other than to use the same in accordance with the license granted and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions under this Agreement. Licensor, and its licensors and service providers, reserve and shall retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to the Software and all Intellectual Property Rights arising out of or relating to the Software, except as expressly granted to the Licensee in this Agreement. Licensee shall safeguard all use of and access to the Software from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access. Licensee shall promptly notify Licensor if Licensee becomes aware of any infringement of the Licensor’s Intellectual Property Rights in the Software and fully cooperate with Licensor in any legal action taken by Licensor to enforce its Intellectual Property Rights.
11. Term and Termination.
a. This Agreement and the license granted hereunder shall remain in effect for the term set forth on the Order Form until terminated as set forth herein (the “Term“).
b. Licensee may terminate this Agreement by ceasing to use and destroying all copies of the Software and Documentation.
c. Licensor may terminate this Agreement, without notice to Licensee, if Licensee, breaches this Agreement.
d. Licensor may terminate this Agreement, effective immediately, if Licensee fails to make a required License Payment.
e. Licensor may terminate this Agreement, effective immediately, if Licensee files, or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or pursuant to any other insolvency law, makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors or applies for, or consents to, the appointment of a trustee, receiver, or custodian for a substantial part of its property.
f. Upon expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, the license granted hereunder shall also terminate, and Licensee shall cease using and destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation. No expiration or termination shall affect Licensee’s obligation to pay all Licensee Fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination, or entitle Licensee to any refund.
12. Warranty Disclaimer.
a. THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED TO LICENSEE “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, LICENSOR, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, THE LICENSOR PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THAT THE LICENSED SOFTWARE WILL MEET THE LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE, UPTIME, OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS OR BE ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
13. Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW:
a. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY USE, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE; LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS; DELAYS, INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF SERVICES, BUSINESS, OR GOODWILL; LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; LOSS RESULTING FROM SYSTEM OR SYSTEM SERVICE FAILURE, MALFUNCTION, OR SHUTDOWN; FAILURE TO ACCURATELY TRANSFER, READ, OR TRANSMIT INFORMATION; FAILURE TO UPDATE OR PROVIDE CORRECT INFORMATION; SYSTEM INCOMPATIBILITY OR PROVISION OF INCORRECT COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION; OR BREACHES IN SYSTEM SECURITY; OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT THE LICENSOR WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
b. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR’S AND ITS AFFILIATES’, INCLUDING ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS’ AND SERVICE PROVIDERS’, COLLECTIVE AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENTOR ITS SUBJECT MATTER, UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO THE LICENSOR PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE CLAIM.
c. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN SECTION 13(a) AND SECTION 13(b) SHALL APPLY EVEN IF THE LICENSEE’S REMEDIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
14. Export Regulation. The Software and Documentation may be subject to US export control laws, including the Export Control Reform Act and its associated regulations. The Licensee shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Software or Documentation to, or make the Software or Documentation accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. The Licensee shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Software or Documentation available outside the US.
15. US Government Rights. The Software is commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if the Licensee is the US Government or any contractor therefor, Licensee shall receive only those rights with respect to the Software and Documentation as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.
16. Dispute Resolution.
a. Agreement to Arbitrate. The Parties hereby agree to resolve any and all disputes, controversies, or claims arising out of, relating to, or in connection with this Agreement and/or the Services, including the breach, termination, or validity thereof, through confidential binding arbitration in Fort Collins, Colorado by a single arbitrator. Such arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and conducted pursuant to the Expedited Procedures of the Commercial Arbitration Rules (CARs) of the AAA. The Parties further agree that they may only bring or participate in claims against the other in their respective individual capacities, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. The Parties further agree that the arbitral tribunal may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
b. Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. Licensor may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Services or for intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in the arbitration described above. In the event that the Parties agreement to arbitrate is found not to apply for any reason, all actions relating to or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought in the state and federal courts located in Larimer County, Colorado and Denver County, Colorado, respectively. The Parties consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in these courts for the limited exceptions under this Section 12.c.
c. Costs and Attorney’s Fees: Except as otherwise provided in these Terms of Service, the Parties will be responsible for their own costs and legal fees.
d. Voluntary and Knowing Waiver. BY ENTERING INTO THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT IS WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY FOR ANY CLAIM SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. CLIENT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY ONLY BRING A CLAIM IN ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND THAT IT WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO BRING AN ACTION AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. OTHER RIGHTS THAT CLIENT WOULD HAVE IF IT WENT TO COURT, SUCH AS DISCOVERY OR THE RIGHT TO APPEAL, MAY BE MORE LIMITED OR MAY NOT EXIST.
a. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
b. Licensor will not be responsible or liable to Licensee, or deemed in default or breach hereunder by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder where such failure or delay is due to strikes, labor disputes, civil disturbances, riot, rebellion, invasion, epidemic, hostilities, war, terrorist attack, embargo, natural disaster, acts of God, flood, fire, sabotage, fluctuations or non-availability of electrical power, heat, light, air conditioning, or Licensee equipment, loss and destruction of property, or any other circumstances or causes beyond Licensor’s reasonable control.
c. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given: (i) when delivered by hand (with written confirmation of receipt); (ii) if from Licensor when delivered and accepted through the Software (ii) when received by the addressee if sent by a nationally recognized overnight courier (receipt requested); (iv) on the date sent by email (with confirmation of transmission) if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, and on the next business day if sent after normal business hours of the recipient; or (v) on the third day after the date mailed, by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid. Such communications must be sent to the respective parties at the addresses provided by such Parties in the Software or otherwise.
d. This Agreement, and any other documents that are incorporated by reference herein, constitutes the sole and entire agreement between Licensee and Licensor with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter.
e. Licensee shall not assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law, or otherwise, without Licensor’s prior written consent, which consent Licensor may give or withhold in its sole discretion. No delegation or other transfer will relieve Licensee of any of its obligations or performance under this Agreement. Any purported assignment, delegation, or transfer in violation of this Section 16(e) is void. Licensor may freely assign or otherwise transfer all or any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer all or any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement without Licensee’s consent. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
f. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer on any other Person any legal or equitable right, benefit, or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
g. This Agreement may only be amended, modified, or supplemented by an agreement in writing signed by each party hereto. No waiver by any party of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
h. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
i. For purposes of this Agreement, (a) the words “include,” “includes,” and “including” shall be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation”; (b) the word “or” is not exclusive; and (c) the words “herein,” “hereof,” “hereby,” “hereto,” and “hereunder” refer to this Agreement as a whole. Unless the context otherwise requires, references herein: (x) to Sections, Annexes, Schedules, and Exhibits refer to the Sections of, and Annexes, Schedules, and Exhibits attached to, this Agreement; (y) to an agreement, instrument, or other document means such agreement, instrument, or other document as amended, supplemented, and modified from time to time to the extent permitted by the provisions thereof and (z) to a statute means such statute as amended from time to time and includes any successor legislation thereto and any regulations promulgated thereunder. This Agreement shall be construed without regard to any presumption or rule requiring construction or interpretation against the party drafting an instrument or causing any instrument to be drafted.
j. The headings in this Agreement are for reference only and do not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
(a) the expiration or earlier termination of the Software License Agreement between Licensor and Licensee; or
(b) your ceasing to be authorized by Licensee to use the Software for any or no reason.
2. Use Restrictions. You shall not, directly or indirectly:
(a) use the Software or Documentation except as set forth in Section 1;
(b) copy the Software or Documentation, in whole or in part;
(c) modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software or any part thereof;
(d) combine the Software or any part thereof with, or incorporate the Software or any part thereof in, any other programs;
(e) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software or any part thereof;
(f) remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices included on or in the Software or Documentation, including any copy thereof;
(g) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise provide any access to or use of the Software or any features or functionality of the Software, for any reason, to any other person or entity, including any subcontractor, independent contractor, affiliate, or service provider of Licensee, whether or not over a network and whether or not on a hosted basis, including in connection with the internet, web hosting, wide area network (WAN), virtual private network (VPN), virtualization, time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud, or other technology or service;
(h) use the Software or Documentation in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including:
(i) power generation systems;
(ii) aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems, or any other transport management systems;
(iii) safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications, or any police, fire, or other safety response systems; and
(iv) military or aerospace applications, weapons systems, or environments.
(i) use the Software or Documentation in violation of any law, regulation, or rule; or
(j) use the Software or Documentation for purposes of competitive analysis of the Software, the development of a competing software product or service, or any other purpose that is to the Licensor’s commercial disadvantage.
3. Compliance Measures.
(a) The Software may contain technological copy protection or other security features designed to prevent unauthorized use of the Software, including features to protect against use of the Software:
(a) beyond the scope of the license granted to pursuant to Section 1; or
(b) prohibited under Section 2.
You shall not, and shall not attempt to, remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to, any such copy protection or security features.
4. Collection and Use of Information.
(a) Licensor may, directly or indirectly through the services of others, collect and store information regarding use of the Software and about equipment on which the Software is accessed and used, by means of (i) providing maintenance and support services and (ii) security measures included in the Software as described in Section 3.
(b) You agree that the Licensor may use such information for any purpose related to any use of the Software by you, including but not limited to: (i) improving the performance of the Software or developing updates; and verifying compliance with the terms of this Agreement and enforcing Licensor’s rights, including all intellectual property rights in and to the Software.
5. Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge that the Software is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Software under this Agreement, or any other rights to the Software other than to use the Software in accordance with the license granted under this Agreement, subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions. Licensor and its licensors and service providers reserve and shall retain their entire right, title, and interest in and to the Software and all intellectual property rights arising out of or relating to the Software, subject to the license expressly granted to the Licensee in this Agreement. You shall safeguard all use and access to the Software from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access.
6. Disclaimer of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY USE, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE. YOU ARE PROVIDED THE SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT BETWEEN LICENSOR AND LICENSEE, SOLELY FOR THE BENEFIT OF LICENSEE AND AT LICENSEE’S DISCRETION. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER THAT AGREEMENT INCLUDING ANY RIGHTS TO ENFORCE ANY OF ITS TERMS. ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, MAY HAVE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE SHALL BE SOLELY TO LICENSEE PURSUANT TO THAT AGREEMENT AND SUBJECT TO ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH THEREIN.
7. Export Regulation. The Software may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Software to, or make the Software or Documentation accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Software available outside the US.