Every business needs to have a presence on Facebook.
There are so many reasons to take advantage of Facebook marketing for your business. It’s a cost-effective way to reach a wide audience. It makes it easy to keep your customers up to date about your business. It builds awareness in your brand and allows you to connect with your customers on another level. And, these are just a few of the many benefits of establishing an active presence on Facebook for businesses.
There are many aspects of what a successful Facebook marketing strategy looks like, but no matter what strategy you choose, you must start with an effective business page.
5 Tips for Building a Better Facebook Business Page
#1. Start with an actual business page.
It’s critically important that, when you build your Facebook page, you do so using an actual business page rather than a personal one. If you don’t, you’ll miss out on all of the features that Facebook has created to benefit businesses, including content creation tools, analytics, and opportunities for paid promotions.
Another reason why it’s important to create an actual business page rather than a personal one is that, with a personal page, people have to send you friend requests in order to follow you. That adds one extra step in the process, and the last thing you want is to make it more difficult for people to follow you.
It’s also against Facebook’s terms of service to create more than one personal account, so if you already have a personal account for yourself, you won’t be able to create an additional one for your business.
#2. Choose the right template.
Not all Facebook business pages have to be the same. In fact, Facebook offers templates for businesses that can make it easier for businesses to meet their unique goals on Facebook. Each template offers a different layout and CTA options, and each one is customizable so that you can make it what you want it to be.
Here are the Facebook templates you’ll have to choose from:
- Standard – The Standard template is standard for a reason — it can work well for any business and help you highlight what’s most important to your business.
- Business – The Business template was created specifically for managing your business, and it allows for things like posting jobs and offers.
- Services – The Services template is for businesses that want their services to be found on Facebook, and its primary “call now” button encourages people to get a hold of you.
- Non-profit – Shine a spotlight on your cause with the Non-Profit template, and encourage people to donate.
- Venues – With the Venues template, you can highlight your upcoming events, hours, and location.
- Restaurants and Cafes – Make it easy for your followers to find your menu, location, and hours with this template.
- Shopping – The Shopping template allows you to exhibit products right on Facebook and makes it easier for your followers to shop online.
- Politicians – Reach your supporters and share your message with the world with the Politicians templates.
#3. Choose a profile picture customers will recognize.
When someone visits your page and sees your profile picture, they should be able to immediately recognize that it belongs to your brand. This will make it easier for customers and other fans of your brand to find and like your page when they look for your business using the search feature.
Your profile picture shows up in a lot of places, including your followers’ news feeds, posts on your timeline, and your comments and posts, so it’s important to get it right. It might be tempting to choose a humorous or cute profile picture, but it’s hard to find one that is relevant to your business and makes your brand recognizable. You’re better off choosing a high-quality image of your logo.
#4. Make your cover photo engaging.
Your cover photo, by far, takes up the most real estate on your business profile page, and it’s the first thing visitors see when they come to your page. That means that you want to choose one that is engaging, attention-grabbing, and high quality. Your cover photo should be able to catch your visitors’ eye and entice them to follow your page.
Your Facebook cover photo should be:
- A high-quality, high-resolution image.
- An image that’s easy to read and understand, even on a smaller screen.
- An image that makes an emotional connection with your followers.
- An image that captures your brand.
Keep in mind that your cover photo doesn’t have to be a static image. Many brands have used video in their cover images to great effect. Using a video as your cover photo can help to boost engagement.
#5. Generate recommendations from your customers.
People will often turn to Facebook when they’re looking for a business to work with, whether they’re shopping or in need of a local service. And, when they do, the first place they look is for a business’ Recommendations (previously Reviews).
Facebook recommendations help people to find your business page, and they also give your brand much-need social proof, which is worth its weight in gold when it comes to social media management.
With Recommendations, your followers and customers can do more than just comment and give you a star rating out of five. They can now post images, text posts, and tags directly to your page in addition to providing you with feedback and sharing their experience with the world.
When someone searches for your brand or talks about your brand on Facebook, your Recommendations will appear. This makes them an important tool for expanding your reach on Facebook.
Your business page is the foundation of your marketing strategy on Facebook, so it’s important to get it right, but you can’t stop there. An effective Facebook marketing strategy is an ongoing one, and it should include posting regularly, encouraging engagement, targeting specific groups via paid advertising, and responding to comments and recommendations.
Need help getting it right? Learn what the team at Marketing 360® can do for you today!