Keeping the public up to date with what is happening with your business is important! A quick way to do this and make needed information always available when someone visits your profile is to pin your update posts to the top of your profile’s news feed.
In addition to making an important post stand out, pinning an old post can also breathe new life into it. Another great reason to pin a post is engagement. Pinning a post greatly increases the chance that it will be liked, shared, or commented on.
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Pinning Posts on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
How to Pin a Tweet to Your Profile
You can pin a Tweet to your profile so that when others visit your profile, it is the first Tweet they will see.
Here’s how to pin Tweets to your profile:
- Go to your profile.
- Find the Tweet you’d like to pin.
- Click or tap the icon located at the top of the Tweet.
- Select Pin to your profile.
- Click or tap Pin to confirm.
How to Pin a Facebook Post to Your Profile
When you pin a Facebook post, the post will move to the top of your Page’s timeline. You’ll need to be an admin or editor to pin Page posts, and posts cannot be pinned to your personal timeline.
Here’s how to pin a post to the top of your Page’s timeline:
- Go to your Facebook page.
- Go to the post on your Page’s timeline.
- Click … in the top right of the post.
- Select Pin to Top of Page.
How to Pin Updates on Your LinkedIn Page
LinkedIn Page updates allow administrators to directly engage with viewers and followers of their Page. You can pin an update to the top of your Page’s feed to make it more visible, and as an admin, you can pin a maximum of one update at a time. However, it’s important to keep in mind that audience targeting will be disregarded if the update is pinned to the top of the page.
Here’s how to pin or unpin a Page update:
- Sign in to your Page admin center.
- In the Updates section, locate the correct update and click the More icon to complete one of the following actions:
- Select Pin to top from the dropdown. You’ll see Pinned in the upper right corner of the update. The update will move to the top of the Updates and Recent updates section (member view) of your Page.
- Select Unpin from the top of the dropdown. The update will be removed from the top of the Updates and Recent updates section (member view) of your Page and will appear in its original chronological order. Un-pinning the update will not delete it.
Now that you know how to pin posts on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, it’s time to go do it. Take the next 10 minutes to go pin your posts.
If you’d like help designing an effective social media marketing strategy, pinning posts, or mastering any other aspect of social media management, we’ve got you covered. Learn about how our social media managers can help today!