Why attorneys need reputation management
As an attorney, your reputation is everything. It's the foundation of your business and the key to your success. That's why you need to be proactive about managing your online reputation and making sure that your name and brand are represented in the best light possible.
Reputation management is the process of monitoring, protecting and improving your law firm's online reputation. It's about taking control of the conversation around your brand and ensuring that accurate and positive information about you is being shared.
Most importantly, reputation management can help you build trust and win over new clients. In today's competitive legal landscape, that can make all the difference.
6 benefits of reputation management software for law firms
1. Get more 5-star reviews
When potential clients are searching for an attorney, one of the first things they'll do is read reviews. That's why it's so important to encourage your satisfied clients to leave positive reviews on sites, like Google, Facebook and Avvo. With reputation management software, you can save time by automating your review requests.
2. Monitor your reputation from one place
With so many different platforms and channels to keep track of, it can be difficult to stay on top of your law firm's online reputation. Reputation management software makes it easy to monitor your brand across the web, so you can quickly identify and address any negative sentiment.
3. Build a trusted, credible reputation
A strong online reputation can do wonders for your law firm. It can help you attract new clients, get referrals from other attorneys and even improve your standing in search results. Reputation management software can help you build a trusted, credible reputation by monitoring your brand, responding to reviews and more.
4. Gain valuable feedback about your law firm
Client feedback is critical to the success of your law firm. It can help you identify areas for improvement and make changes to better serve your clients. With reputation management software, you can collect and track client feedback so you can always be striving to provide the best possible experience.
5. Increase your visibility
When potential clients are searching for an attorney, you want to make sure your law firm is front and center. Reputation management software can help to increase your visibility on search engines, like Google, by getting more five-star reviews and building a high average star rating for your law firm.
6. Win over new clients
A strong online reputation can be the difference between winning a new client and watching them go to a competitor. With reputation management software, you can proactively manage your brand, so you're always putting your best foot forward and making the best possible first impression on potential clients.
How to get more lawyer reviews
Prioritize great customer service
If you want to encourage clients to leave positive reviews, you need to provide them with great customer service. That means being responsive, professional and helpful every step of the way. When you wow your clients, they'll be more likely to want to sing your praises online.
Ask your clients for feedback
The best way to get more lawyer reviews is to simply ask your clients for their feedback about working with your law firm. You can do this via email, over the phone or in person. If you have a good relationship with your clients, they'll likely be happy to oblige.
Use text and email to get reviews
In addition to asking clients in person or over the phone, you can also use text and email to request reviews. This is a great way to reach out to clients who you don't see often or who you haven't had a chance to speak with recently. Plus, it allows you to automate the process, saving you time and energy.
Make it easy for clients to leave reviews
Don't make your clients jump through hoops to leave a review. The easier you make it, the more likely they are to do it. Make sure you provide clear instructions and links to where they can leave their feedback. And, create a profile on multiple review sites, so that your clients can choose the one that's most convenient for them.
Respond to all reviews, positive and negative
It's important to respond to all reviews, both positive and negative. Thank your clients for their positive feedback, and address any concerns raised in negative reviews. This shows that you're paying attention and that you care about your clients' experiences.
Embed the Top Rated Local® reviews widget on your website
The Top Rated Local® reviews widget is a great way to show off your positive reviews and get new reviews. When you embed the widget on your website, it displays your most recent reviews and your average star rating. Plus, it allows your clients to review your law firm in just a few clicks.
How to respond to every type of review for your law firm
Show your appreciation
- Always show your appreciation for positive reviews by saying thank you. This shows your clients that you're paying attention and that you care about their feedback. Plus, it sets the tone for a positive relationship moving forward.
Respond with sincerity
- When you're responding to positive reviews, make sure your responses are sincere. This will help to build trust with your clients and show them that you're authentic.
- When you can, be personal in your responses. This will help to create a more human connection with your clients and make them feel appreciated.
Optimize your response
- Review responses are a great opportunity to use important SEO keywords and increase your organic visibility. When you're responding to positive reviews, make sure to include relevant keywords so that potential clients can easily find you online.
Promote your law firm
- Remember that reviews — and your responses — are publicly visible. Use your positive reviews as an opportunity to promote your law firm. You can do this by including a call-to-action in your responses or by linking to your website.
Don't take it personally
- When you receive a negative review, it's easy to get offended, but it's important not to take it personally. This can be difficult, but it's important to remember that not every client is going to be a perfect fit or have a great experience. And, even the best lawyers will receive negative reviews from time to time.
Respond promptly and professionally
- When you're responding to negative reviews, it's important to respond promptly and professionally. This shows your clients that you're paying attention and that you care about their experiences. Plus, it can help to diffuse an unfortunate situation and prevent further damage to your reputation.
If necessary, take a breath before responding
If you're feeling emotional about a negative review, it's OK to take a step back and take some time to cool off. This will help to prevent you from saying something that you might regret later. Once you've had time to calm down, you can draft a response that's professional and courteous.
Offer a solution
- When you're responding to negative reviews, try to offer a solution. This shows your clients — and anyone else reading your response — that you're willing to work with them to resolve the issue. And, it can help to turn a negative experience into a positive one.
- It's important to be professional when you're responding to negative reviews, even if the reviewer is not. This will show your clients that you're always professional, even in the most difficult situation, and that you're interested in resolving any issues and making your clients happy.
Invite the client to talk to you directly
- If a client is unhappy with their experience, invite them to talk to you directly so that you can resolve the issue. This shows that you're interested in making things right and that you're willing to go the extra mile to ensure your clients are happy. Plus, it prevents you from getting into a public back and forth with an unhappy client.
Reputation management FAQs for attorneys
Why is reputation management important for law firms?
Reputation management is important for law firms because your reputation can have a direct impact on your business. A good reputation can attract new clients and help you to retain existing clients. On the other hand, a bad reputation can deter potential clients and damage your relationship with existing clients.
How can you improve your law firm's reputation?
The first step toward building a strong reputation for your law firm is to use reputation management software, like the Marketing 360® Reputation app. This app makes it easy to track your law firm's online reviews, respond to both positive and negative reviews, monitor your reputation from across the web and more.
What can you do to fix a damaged reputation?
If your law firm's reputation has been damaged, the first step is to identify the cause of the damage. Once you know what's causing the damage, you can start taking steps to repair your reputation. This might involve issuing a public apology, reaching out to unhappy clients directly or taking other action to make things right.
How do you protect your law firm's reputation?
The best way to protect your law firm's reputation is to actively manage it. This means monitoring your online reviews, responding to both positive and negative reviews, and using reputation management software, like the Marketing 360® Reputation app.